The history of Philharmonic

print

  On April 29th 1955 had place the first concert of 33 pieces Regional Symphonic Orchestra in Rzeszow (soloist Adam Harasiewicz, conductor Jan Gąsiorowicz). Since the first season (September '55) artistic leader and conductor was Janusz Ambros (until 1971).
Nationalizing of the Regional Symphonic Orchestra took place in 1958; a year later a mixed choir was established. In 1960 started – what is continuated until now – a series of programs for schools and kindergartens (nowadays approx. 100 concerts monthly), constantly enlarging the orchestra, buying instruments.
       On Janusz Ambros initiative in 1961 was organized at beautiful Castle in Łańcut a series of chamber concerts called Days of Chamber Music, what after 20 years changed name for Music Festival (artistic management was granted to B. Kaczyński), and since 1991 for Music Festival in Łańcut – an event gathering every May hundreds of music aficionados from Rzeszow, from Poland and various sides of the world. Outstanding Polish and international performers appear also here (worth to mention a few: B. Bartok's Quartet, Andree Colson Ensemble, Polish Chamber Orchestra under. J. Maksymiuk, Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra under S. Sondeckis, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Silesian Quartet, Sankt-Peters Trio, The King's Singers, Garrick Ohlsson, Renata Scotto, Katia Ricciarelli, Paul Esswood, Gary Kaar, Grigorij Sokołow, W. Ochman, E. Chojnacka, W. Wiłkomirska, E. Podleś, G. Bradley).
       In 1967 the Orchestra was renamed to the State Philharmonics, which since January 1974 exists in a new functional building with the best acoustically concert hall for 800 seats, where successfully were present ensembles from other towns and states (Chamber Orchestra Gewandhaus, Chamber Orchestra from Hanover, Thomanerchor). 45-years activity of the leading orchestra in the country has borne many achievements like presentations in important Polish music centers and festivals (Wratislavia Cantans, International Festival in Busko), abroad (Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, Russia, France), recordings for radio and TV and 6 CDs (including second ever recording of Messa di Gloria by Rossini).
        Very diverse, ambitious program, covering also many first performing, presentation of the best Polish artists, constantly rising level of 84 persons orchestra, permanent programs and concerts for a youth, effected enormous growth of Rzeszów audience musicality (without past traditions), and in result – one of the biggest Philharmonic audience (approx. 600 persons per concert) in Poland.
Artistic leaders in the Philharmonics history were: Janusz Ambros, Stanisław Michalek, Andrzej Rozmarynowicz, Bogdan Olędzki, Józef Radwan, Adam Natanek, Tadeusz Wojciechowski, Jerzy Kosek.

Calendar

Mon Tue Wen Thu Fri Sat Sun
        01 02 03
04 05 06 07 08 09 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  

Powered by: CMS Edito

Realizacja: Ideo,